Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Fresh Start

I failed big time.

Today was the kids' first day back to school after a four day weekend, and I failed to turn my alarm clock on the night before.

Reese woke me at 8:15am!

I had no idea why she was in a panic, and then it hit me!

SH*T!!!

I did my best to calm my little rule follower down...explained that it was mommy's fault, we are already late, we can take our time, and we'll get there when we get there.

The other two turds could have cared less about being late; Cru wanted breakfast, Evee wanted to still be sleeping.

We arrived at school 45 minutes late.

I called Chet to tell him what happened.  He encouraged me to finish my day strong.

Hollah!  Lets do this!

Arrived back at the school two hours later to pick Everlee up, and her and her teacher come walking out of the building together...just the two of them???

Everlee had thrown up...."Pitch Perfect style".  Eeee.

I felt horrible.  But at the same time, I felt relieved it wasn't on my carpet!

From what Miss Becky said, it pretty much came out of nowhere and right after recess.  Immediately afterwards, Everlee told her teacher she was all done and felt better and had went too fast on the "spinny thing".

Another child who inherited their mother's motion sickness.  Lesson learned the hard way.

The kids and I had only been awake three hours, but it felt like 12.  I was ready to go back to bed for a fresh start, but who was going to play outside all afternoon, pick up Reese from school, and taxi three kids to dance, soccer, and softball all between the times of 4:45 and 6:30?

Let me know how much fun you think that is!

But now, 12 hours later, everyone is in bed {Chet back at work after arriving at the office at 6:00am and coming home for a 30 minute supper around 7:15pm}, and I'm indulging in sugar and Dexter {latest Netflix binge}.

And turning on my alarm.


No comments:

Post a Comment